Wednesday, August 12, 2009

AKA Whopper Jr.

As my fabulous life of unemployment enters its stride, I realize how lucky I am to spend with it my Grandmother Big N' Tasty (BnT) aka Whopper Jr aka Chicken Plank. Little did I know how her culinary tastes had changed in my most recent year at Ole Miss. However, as the number of restaurants has expanded on Cobb Parkway, apparently, so has her beltline.


For those of you don't know my life story, my dad's mother lives with us. She is not the healthiest of the Greatest Generation and literally eats a McDonald's Big N' Tasty value meal for dinner every night....or so I thought. It started with Mickey D's Angus Burger special which she just had to try. I said sure, I mean...I was paying for it with the Arch Card I got her for her birthday anyways (she is VERY easy to shop for during the holidays)!


The next day, after I took her for her monthly trip to the Dollar General (BALLIN!), she asked for Long John Silver's. After promising her I did not want anything (even though it was attached to a Taco Bell), she told me she wanted the 2 Chicken Plank meal with no French Fries but Cole Slaw. Extra Crumblies. When we got home, she proceeded to throw out one chicken plank, get sweet pickle relish from the fridge, mix it in with the fried crumbs and down the entire meal. But not before complaining there were no fries, forgetting that I had asked to substitute them for her cole slaw.


And then finally tonight, she was basically begging me for Burger King. Were she physically able to get on her knees and beg, I'm quite certain she would have...all for a Whopper Jr. that "are on special...they are only $1!" I don't have the heart to tell her that they are always a dollar, so I agreed to go only after we had a conversation about the cute cheerleader that is all over the TV and the movies (aka Hannah Montana, something else I'm not explaining.)



Anyways, 1 Whopper Jr, 1 Value fries, and 3 jars of pickle relish later, BnT is in bed settled in for another day of culinary delight tomorrow. Now I simply must ask if we should keep calling her BnT since she has expanded her menu so much. Grandma Chicken Plank just doesn't have a good ring to it, but I'm sure we can come up with something good combining McDonald's, Whopper Jr., and Hannah Montana.

And no Profo, I will not refer to her as Big Montana.

1 comment:

  1. Hiya, you probably dont know me, but I went to college with you. I found out about this blog through Amie. And I must say, keep up the good work. I just got my Masters and dont have a job, so keep giving me procrastination fodder!

    ReplyDelete